Monday, January 28, 2008

happy day, hubby and me

today is a very special day for me. not only is it hubby's birthday i've received my license to solemnize marriages!

it is a tall order indeed.

being married for 8 years now... i have so much to share with couples-to-be, the ups and downs that is inevitable, etc etc etc.

having gone thru a not-so-smooth period myself, i realise how important it is to have a support and someone you can talk to when the marriage hits the rough patches. your own parents may not always be the appropriate people cos no matter how, they are YOUR parents, and for me, I wouldn't want them to think any less of my husband at all! sometimes all you need is someone who is ready to listen to you, who need not give you any advice, but just someone whom you know you can count on for confidentiality and non-prejudiced against anyone.


nonetheless, i feel honoured and blessed to be able to give my blessings to couples! that is something so precious and dear! i sure hoped my own ROM was more memorable and creative than it had been...

p/s: we had a little celebration dinner after his work, and expensive chocolates as gifts! yes, just 2 of us ...


No comments: